BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Auto flex or 3M Paint Protection

04-26-2021, 09:40 AM   #1
Godfather2112
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Auto flex or 3M Paint Protection

After having sold my 2017 M2 around this time last year, I’m looking to get back into an M2 again (M2C). I remember reading about the San Marino blue that was covered with auto flex (https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1530010) and was debating on either having the car covered with autoflex in matching paint factory paint color (either getting another LBB SOM) to protect the factory paint or going with 3M Paint protection.

From the few places I called who are authorized to spray autoflex, the cost is substantially less (I’m assuming due to labor), it can be waxed and buffed like normal paint, etc. My question is, does anyone know how much protection it offers to the underlying factory paint compared to 3M?

I don’t mind spending the extra money on 3M ppt if it’s going to be a truly better paint protection product but I also don’t want to pay more if the autoflex gloss will offer near similar protection.

Anyone with experience / input between the two products?
Appreciate 0