BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Ohlins rebuild?

05-15-2022, 10:22 PM   #1
GeraldM2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (F87) LBB 6MT

Ohlins rebuild?

Im looking to get my ohlins rebuilt and revalved. I've had them on my car for around 20k miles and I think its time for a refresh (as stated by the ohlins service manual). Can anyone reccomend a shop in the socal area that can perform this job? I know of 3DM motorsports but i'd prefer to just bring my car in for the service rather than swapping back to the oem suspension or leaving my car up on jacks.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 01:52 AM   #2
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Might be tough - they usually get sent off to Ohlins (think they're in NC) - once there it usually takes 2-3 day turnaround. Some places might have the parts but know your car will sit for a day or two while they work on it.
I'm getting mine serviced/revalved and they want 3 days (I'm not in the US though)
      05-17-2022, 11:07 AM   #3
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraldM2 View Post
Im looking to get my ohlins rebuilt and revalved. I've had them on my car for around 20k miles and I think its time for a refresh (as stated by the ohlins service manual). Can anyone reccomend a shop in the socal area that can perform this job? I know of 3DM motorsports but i'd prefer to just bring my car in for the service rather than swapping back to the oem suspension or leaving my car up on jacks.
Performance Shocks is the closest location to you.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 12:28 PM   #4
M1500Z
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a white BMW

3DM is great for sure—as you've seen in many posts on this board. If it's easier, Brenner Shocks is located in Southern California and only does Öhlins sales and service.
Appreciate 0