F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Jerkiness around 1,000 - 2,000 RPMs
ARMA SPEED

07-02-2023, 10:49 AM   #1
mbutanav
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328XI

Jerkiness around 1,000 - 2,000 RPMs

2014 BMW 328XI, ~74k miles, automatic

Hi folks, long time listener, first time caller. I apologize in advance as I am not the most technically car savvy - mercy please.

This started around winter. I live in Michigan so winters are a bit chilly but my car sits in an underground garage. Whenever I would hit the road in the AM, I observed and felt quite the jerkiness as my car was between 1 - 2,000 RPMs. It felt as it if was struggling to shift gears or get gas into the engine. I figured maybe it was cold and just needed a bit of time to warm up. The issue subsides on drives later in the day, really only present on that first drive out of the garage in the day.

The issue persisted, so I decided to take it to my local shop focused on german cars. I asked them to change the oil and check out the issue. I got charged the $100 bucks for them to take a peek, but they ultimately told me the mechanic found nothing when he took it out on the road. Recommended I change the engine air filter - that's all.

Its now summer here - weather is warm and the issue continues to persist. Earlier this week, the engine decided to shut down all together as I was stopped at an intersection and start / stop activated. Now I do not even use start up. I have also stopped using eco-mode since the jerkiness feels more aggravated in eco-mode.

Might anyone have heard / experienced similar or can help me point my mechanics in the right direction? Its tough because if I drive it to the shop, the issue probably will not present because the engine has already gotten it out of its system by then. Its no fun paying the fee for them to take a look and to come up empty handed.
Appreciate 0