2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Best carplay adapter/box for 2015 f10 with NBT

10-05-2023, 07:33 PM   #1
PagedAtol17
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 528i xDrive

Best carplay adapter/box for 2015 f10 with NBT

Hi, I have a 2015 528xi with the big screen and NBT and professional navigation and my vin last 7 is D626410.

I wanted to know what the best carplay adapter/box to plug and play into the car would be for carplay without losing gps and navigation in the car and will hopefully still work with the car built in mic thats above the driver or if not i guess that's fine to.

I am looking to spend under $500 and even less then that if possible $300 or less. Any product recommendations and tips and tricks would be much appreciated!!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 04:55 AM   #2
clown123
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 5

Just wanted to say that I recently installed the carlinkitlife Wireless CarPlay (and Android Auto) Kit and absolutely love it.
https://carlinkitlife.com/products/w...edia-smart-box

Install is 100% plug and play. No cutting wires or modifications needed to existing harness. Install takes maybe 50 minutes. Takes longer to take the console out than to do the actual install. Once installed wireless Android auto works just as advertised as well as apple carplay. Which is exactly what I wanted most. Other than that 0 complaint from me doesn't lag, doesn't crash, easy to install, retain steering wheel controls, easy to switch between AAuto and Carplay, factory unit look.
My recommendations are that you follow the directions precisely, be sure to ground everything properly.Contact customer service promptly when encountering problems, and their response is timely

The kit you can get it for $299 from China in a couple of days versus weeks.Maybe Amazon and Ali have many cheap options. They claim that the warranty is one year, but in fact, after three months, it is impossible to apply for a refund and it is almost impossible to contact customer service.
Appreciate 0