E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Sudden Battery Drain

12-17-2023, 07:49 PM   #1
n54st
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

Sudden Battery Drain

Hi everyone, long time lurker first time poster.

I've been having issues with my car draining battery over the past few months. I don't drive the car often (few times a month) and unless it was on a battery tender it would be dead. I replaced the battery and still having similar issues.

I drove the car several times this week with no issues started just fine then yesterday I washed the car then parked it in my garage. Today I went to start it and the car was completely dead and my key got stuck in the ignition. Jump started the car and started no problem, also I never have any warning lights on the dash. Any idea where to start with this issue, I read the voltage when idling on the carista app at 13.8V

Any help would be much appreciated!
Appreciate 0