03-15-2024, 02:13 PM   #2
ledphut
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Garage List
2022 Alpina CB7  [3.50]
In my experience, especially with the card key, you need to press it directly on the door handle for about a second.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 05:42 PM   #3
rjabend
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Garage List
2024 X7  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledphut View Post
In my experience, especially with the card key, you need to press it directly on the door handle for about a second.
Not true with key or phone proximity.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 05:48 PM   #4
ledphut
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Garage List
2022 Alpina CB7  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjabend View Post
Not true with key or phone proximity.
Right, that’s why I mentioned the key card specifically.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 06:23 PM   #5
rjabend
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2024 X7  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledphut View Post
Right, that’s why I mentioned the key card specifically.
OK Thanks. Are you suggesting I use the key card or that the operation isn't right on that as well?

Last edited by rjabend; 03-15-2024 at 06:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 11:20 PM   #6
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Probably a glitch in the system going into full sleep mode when the modules that detect the key and/or receive signals are supposed to stay awake. Glitches aren’t something new in every BMW I have, unfortunately.

The issue is that BMW isn’t very active in terms of fixing glitches via OTA. You rarely ever see an OTA that claims it was to fix bugs and glitches.

I love my BMWs; but they aren’t the best in terms of glitches. Carplay restarts, phone suddenly disconnects or never connects sometimes, car doesn’t auto-lock as I walk-away, etc.

Recently, the menu for seats automatic heating/cooling based on temperature set-point disappeared completely!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 12:24 AM   #7
rjabend
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2024 X7  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
Probably a glitch in the system going into full sleep mode when the modules that detect the key and/or receive signals are supposed to stay awake. Glitches aren’t something new in every BMW I have, unfortunately.

The issue is that BMW isn’t very active in terms of fixing glitches via OTA. You rarely ever see an OTA that claims it was to fix bugs and glitches.

I love my BMWs; but they aren’t the best in terms of glitches. Carplay restarts, phone suddenly disconnects or never connects sometimes, car doesn’t auto-lock as I walk-away, etc.

Recently, the menu for seats automatic heating/cooling based on temperature set-point disappeared completely!!!!
Right-On! Unfortunately, the problem keeps returning and I may try a reset if it keeps up. I have named my X7 "BOB" which stands for Bundle Of Bugs
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 09:15 AM   #8
Kalvis
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post

I have experienced that car do not unlock in case i leave iphone with digital key in car and stay with iwatch which also has digital key close to car when its locked. Problem is solved if i walk little bit further away and then coming back it unlocks.

I did not get what you wrote about temperature set heating/cooling as this feature was removed with i drive 8. Now all is "automatic" but you cant set as in i drive 7 particular temperature to trigger action.
Appreciate 0