Thread: NASA HPDE
View Single Post
      06-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

I have not been on track with NASA in about 4+ years, and there is a reason for that. (Disclaimer: things may have improved, but from the post above maybe not.) At any rate, its cheap, and easy to get on track with NASA, but be careful. It seems that any idiot with a helmet can go out there with little to no supervision. (see comments on group 3 from above). In one session of group 3 at Sears Point, 2 Porsche's were crashed because the guys were driving way over their ability and no one seemed to do anything about it till they crashed. People passing in randomn places and not doing it well. And all in all just bad driving. Also NASA's priority is the racing, and I found a couple times my track time was cut short because they were behind schedule and had to give the racers their time. In short, I would stick to some BMWCCA driving schools for good safe education and once you have worked your way up and been signed off from the A group a few times, then go find a group that does Open lapping days. These are great as the cost is low and the track is open all day for as much as you and your machine can handle.

Again one person's experieince and it may not be the case anymore.
Appreciate 0