View Single Post
      01-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #10
90degreeman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Crappy 2001 Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Scott View Post
Here's what I discussed with 2 dealers today. Would be interested in your thoughts:
  • Sports Line
  • Manual
  • Black metallic/Black leatherette w/ red stitch/gloss black trim w/ red accent stripe
  • Cold pack

Looking for a back to basics car. Hate BMW leather. Will not buy car without butt warmer after driving wife’s Lexus. Own iPhone (don’t need nav-system). Know how to change lanes, read road signs, and parallel park by myself. Haven't hit baby on little tricycle behind car ever.

Get the rough-brushed aluminum vs. high-gloss black trim?

Money's not the issue. I'm not into lots of electronics. What am I missing?

Thanks guys!
lmao...macho man. that's right. badass config, I love it. Personally, I am too much of a ***** to get a manual (although I know how to drive one). My rational behind most of the things I DIDN'T get are as follows (very similar to yours...the typical macho man rational)

- Parking package - A man must know how to park his car.
- Changing lanes - A man must know how to use the side mirrors
- Speed limit info - A man must not follow the speed limit
- BMW Assist - A man must be prepared for emergencies and be able to sustain himself if deserted by his beloved (the car). No woman/car no cry.
- Lane departure? - Jesus...might as well stop driving at that point

Check this
http://www.f30post.com/goodiesforyou.../P90081927.jpg
for a good idea on how the aluminum trim + black stripe looks like. IMHO, it looks beautiful and harmonic with the rest of the interior. The red or blue stripe, IMHO, is distracting.
Appreciate 0