View Single Post
      02-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
iwannabimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda6s grand touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
This is correct. A car ordered from by a dealer DOES come from their allocation unless it is ED.

It is accurate. You are interchanging the words stock and allocation and I think confusing things. None of the initial three cars were "ordered" by anybody, BMW just decided here is what you (the dealer) gets. After that BMW decides based on sales history how many cars each dealer can order per month. For example, my dealer was allocated eight 328i and one 335i for February build. So supply and prices will be constrained by this number.
Ok, but if the dealers around my area are each ordering certain number of 328s and 335s (let's say they get 10 328s and 5 335s each month), I come in and place a special order (non ED), this order is not part of the 15 cars the dealer gets every month. My order, ED or not, is not part of their inventory, therefore it is an extra sale for the dealer. It shouldn't make a difference whether I pick the car in Germany or I wait for it to get here.

Of course I understand that a salesman will try his best to sell me one of their cars on the lot or coming at the dealership at price as close to MSRP as possible. Or if they don't have it at the dealer, they would tell me they can find it for me.

But I highly doubt that any dealership would have the exact specs I would want to order. The MSRP on the car I want is $44,345, the invoice is $41,005. My offer would be $42,000 - $42,500.
Appreciate 0