View Single Post
      03-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #5
Junction17
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
I reckon you've made the right choice on petrol v diesel. I jumped straight in with the 320d but I'm beginning to question my logic!

The whole iPod connectivity thing is a nightmare. I think you've got it right but check this thread to be sure: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655575

Would you consider a leather interior? I think it elevates the whole feel of the car IMHO but obviously it comes at a premium.

Either way, it's going to be a sweet ride!
Thanks for your kind views! It was a close run thing in the diesel vs petrol consideration. The diesel drove beautifully when i test drove it and I suspect I will have to drive the petrol version that bit harder to get the same pull, which will of course further affect economy, so maybe your logic isn't so questionable!

You are dead right about the leather. The demo car I drove had the leather sports seats with red stitching and they looked and felt substantial and I'd have had them in a heartbeat, but as a twelve hundred pound option I felt I had to limit my optional extras to the three I mentioned as being more obviously useful to me. I have two cars, two kids, a house and a wife to feed!!!

I also spent a few days with the black and red fabric option in the 1 series sport courtesy car last month and really liked that interior too, with the same seats. I'm glad I had that car now as it gave me some insight into what life with the 3 series was going to be like and helped determine my options - the standard halogen lights in the 1 series were terrible, which prompted me to phone the dealer and make sure I had the xenons installed in my new baby!!

If money was no object, I'd have had the leather, but then I'd have wanted every other option too because I'm gadget daft and there's loads of cool stuff lurking in the options list!!! However, I feel I'm a driver first and foremost so plumped for the stuff that increased safety and reduced distraction.

Have you got your 320d yet?

One other great little perk about buying the new car is choosing your reg plate. While I'm not really into private plates, it was quite neat to choose the best of about sixty available plates and thus avoid plates like SG12 SUX!
Appreciate 0