View Single Post
      06-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
agentf1
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe

5 series detail and paint correction - 56k warning

I detailed one of this forum members 5 series and thought you would enjoy seeing the process and end results. I have to say the owner was a very nice guy and took awesome care of his car and had a few really nice improvements such as led lighting and he also debadged the car.

I forgot to take before pics and did not take any until after I washed and clayed the car. I always use QD as clay lubricant so it tends to add a little shine to the finish. Luckily the owner snapped a few so here they are.

I tried to capture some of the problem areas but this is an area that I am not real good at. For some reason when I take pics the car always looks better than it really is. The entire top of that door had horrible scratches all the way across. You can barely see it a little bit by my finger. I was on a tight schedule so I concentrated more on detailing the car than I did trying to get great pics. Priorities...

I also clayed the car. It was incredibly rough but the clay was not as dirty as I expected.

A poor attempt at a 50/50 shot. Bad side looked much worse in person. Car was all taped up and ready for the paint correction at this point.

A scrape that was touched up.

I pulled it outside after polishing to inspect and note areas that needed more attention.

Well, on to some after shots but before that I will outline what products I used.

I used Zaino Clay and Chemical Guys QD for a clay lube.

Polishing was done with a Flex 3401 and a green LC pad using Menzerna P085rd. The bad areas was done with a rotary and 3M polish first.

I used Conneusors Choice on the plastic interior trim and Zaino Z10 on all the leather surface. I also used Z16 on all rubber surfaces such as weatherstripping and tires etc.

After a Dawn wash I used ZAIO followed by Z5p. That was then finished with a combo of Z6 to remove any excess Z5p and Z8 to give it that little extra POP.

Some afters

The owner admiring his newly shined car.

And the interior shots.

I hope you enjoyed viewing the pics. I am sure the owner will chime in.

Last edited by agentf1; 06-01-2012 at 07:51 PM..
Appreciate 0