View Single Post
      02-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #10
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkancel View Post
The spring rate wont be different with HRs because its the exact same part number but not sure on OE. I installed 335i Sport Springs on my 328i and while it lowered it very slightly, there is nearly no difference in ride.

Clarence, what do you mean that it might make it worse? How......?

Not arguing with you but if he wants a stiffer suspension and potential lowering, changing to a stiffer/different spring rate would be the goal. For example: If you order H&R Sport Springs as I mentioned they will have a slightly different spring rate than the OE, which is the intent of most people buying them to stiffen and lower the car. if you go with Super Sports then they are lowered even more and the spring rate gets even stiffer, harsher ride.

That why I ask what you mean by worse....
The OP was asking abt fitting OE sports suspension from a 335i onto a 320i, it has nothing to do with H&R springs cos the OP is talking abt a EU-spec car. If u check the ETK a 320i w/sport suspension have different springs compared to a 335i with the same equipment.
It will affect handling balance cos the front springs are too stiff compared to the rear (nearly all the weight difference is at the front). For the OP it would be better if he can source the suspension from a 328i cos then the difference won't be that big.
Appreciate 0