07-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
There is nothing too fear, for those with larger families , you are looking at the perfect BMW or the second BMW.
There is potential for this concept not only in Europe but also in North America.

You could have a main BMW as the daily driver but your partner could have a Honda , Nissan or Toyota minivan for the family days etc.
would the Active Gran Tourer not appeal to customers that have this routine?

I am sure that some in that position will say that is my ideal car because it fulfils my daily needs and it is a BMW.
This approach is about as tempting as my favorite pizza joint offering pho. Stick to what you know, please.

I used to trust BMW to make fairly austere, rwd sedans that were fun to drive, had good feedback and just went about things in a direct manner. I never cared if they had crap cup holders and under powered air conditioning. They were fun to drive. I know that staying independent is a bear, but I sure wish it didn't involve dragging themselves into every corner of the market. Is a panel van next? Maybe a food truck? I'm sure those moving stairs for airplanes are probably a growth market, maybe the next i-product can be a moving flight of stairs!
Appreciate 0