07-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
There is nothing too fear, for those with larger families , you are looking at the perfect BMW or the second BMW.
There is potential for this concept not only in Europe but also in North America.

You could have a main BMW as the daily driver but your partner could have a Honda , Nissan or Toyota minivan for the family days etc.
would the Active Gran Tourer not appeal to customers that have this routine?

I am sure that some in that position will say that is my ideal car because it fulfils my daily needs and it is a BMW.
The problem I keep coming to with a such a young family oriented car (or at least in the US) is that BMW's brand prestige may work against it. There is a reason why Dad drives the bimmer and Mom drives the Toyota (or whatever), and that is because children are messy. Most sane people don't want to mess up their new car that they can barely afford. You get what I'm saying? They use a Toyota because its just a Toyota, and quite frankly no one cares if it gets stains. Whereas BMW has a premium connotation, and therefore the parents would be more protective of it. Just my $0.02.
Appreciate 0