View Single Post
      12-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
mattu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3, 14 335GT, 21 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcq784 View Post
I don't know what incentives were in effect in August when you negotiated your deal, but when I bought my GT, we negotiated on invoice+, then deducted incentives afterwards, which resulted in a price below invoice. Incentives included the a $750 "First and Goal" credit, $1000 for going to an xDrive event, and $500 loyalty.

As far as I can understand, the incentives come out of BMW North America, not out of the local dealership, so the dealership doesn't get "punished" or have their profit margin wiped out when corporate puts out incentives.

If your dealership is telling you that the incentives will cause them to lose money, it would be my impression that they are not being honest, and just trying to get more money out of you.
This is my understanding as well...Although I haven't gotten another dealer to out and out say the holiday credit comes from BMW NA on a European Delivery, all evidence indicates that it does. Frankly, I would be less angry if they had just been honest and told me they were not going to pass the incentive on to me.
Appreciate 0