jwbmw
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XF S

Garage List
OT: M6 (Toll) - Police Clampdown

OT: A Bugatti Veyron.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..... followed me for about 10 miles southbound on the M6 this afternoon.

He (or she) kept about a five car gap behind me and didn't go much above
Quote:
the national speed limit right up until we got onto the toll road.

He (or she) was never aggressive or made any attempt to overtake....

Right up until the point where the traffic thinned as we got on the toll....

Again, without getting any closer and without any agression, he (or she) politely flashed his (or her) lights - just the once....

Although I was - perhaps - creeping towards braking the speed limit at this point, I felt that pulling into the middle lane was the polite thing to do, given the circumstances....

O.M.G.

I want one!
The above quote from Boo34's thread on the Veyron reminded me to warn you guys that the police are clamping down on speeding on the M6 toll. Last Saturday they had a camera on the bridge at Weeford services with no fewer than 5 police cars and their targets stopped on the hardshoulder Northbound between the services and the main toll plaza.

On Sunday, got on at Junction 6 and an unmarked 07 plate black Volvo S60 was lurking on the slip road out of sight of main carriageway. A few seconds later it flew past to get some guy in an Astra estate.

There are also a couple of banners around warning of a clampdown (roundabout under junction 2 of M54)

You have been warned!
Appreciate 0