01-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #12
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrytroop22 View Post
Does it come with variable steering?
I don't understand the basis for that question. Is the adaptive suspension option (proper, not some group or whatnot) now including the variable steering functionality on other BMW models? If so, I certainly missed that, and I can see the reason for your question. If not though, I would assume "no", since these are distinct features. I sure hope BMW is not doing even more confusing things with option sheet on us for MY 2014 and beyond...

Quote:
Also, would a car without adaptive M suspension have suspension that would equate to the comfort, normal, or sport setting of the adaptive?
I assume that was a multiple choice question rather than a yes/no thing, right? Pretty ambiguous language, just FYI (friendly critique). Anyway, for the E9x M3 the consensus was that the passive suspension fell roughly at the level of the EDC Sport setting, with some arguing it leaned a bit toward "Normal" and some arguing it tended more toward "Sport Plus". Granted, this was never a perfect comparison anyway due to the non-dynamic nature of the non-EDC suspension, but instead a loose approximation.

By the way do M cars get both Comfort and Normal these days (I see you included both in your question)? I've lost track of the different terms they use now for each level, but I seem to recall the M5/M6 just having Normal, Sport, Sport+, while standard 3/4/5/6 Series cars have Normal/Comfort/Sport, and MSport adding Sport+ or something. Oh hell, I don't know, I am getting too old to remember all of this stuff without Googling. Anyway, I'd expect the M3/M4 to take after the M5/M6 in this regard.
Appreciate 0