02-19-2014, 01:00 PM   #16
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
First year models are not to spot and fix issues at all. The car will have been tested extensively before release. If any unforeseen faults do develop they will be fixed under warranty.

I see you own a 1M- this was only produced for just over a year so by your logic no one should have risked buying this car?!
Logic?

More like apples to oranges and let me explain why I say so:

We all knew 1M would be limited, long before it was available and it would be limited at least by the time frame that it would be built. BMW even modified its plans and ended up building over 6000 instead of around 2700 which was the initial plan. So, it was a situation of you either go and buy it and do it quickly or not and like most owners I did order mine without even seeing one, in fact before the production started; because I knew what I wanted very well and given the conditions I accepted the risks.

On the other hand, F80/F82 will be produced for how long? Probably at least 5 model years, maybe even more. We know that as a fact too. So, potential buyers have a choice here in terms of waiting or not which is all this thread is about, isn't it?

Another detail: 1M was a parts bin car (a great one but still), most of its significant components were tested extensively for a good deal of time...unlike the F80/F82.

I would skip the first year unless I can't wait due to some important financial reason. That is my opinion, nothing more nothing less. I happily read others as long as they are provided with its own logic as well.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 02-19-2014 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0