Bama335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E82 135is '13 E88 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer4life24 View Post
So no one has came across any mind blowing fees that made you do this
I've leased cars from BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Nissan and VW and I've never had any of the mind-blowing fees you described. On about half of those leases, we walked away without getting another car from the same mfg or dealer.

Yes, I do keep my cars well maintained: extra oil changes, plenty of washing, vacuuming and waxing during the term - the majority have gone into the CPO programs after turn-in. Many folks get dinged for tires, if you're close to the 4/32" minimum come lease end, hit ebay for a set of used tires rather than pay the dealer charge - a new set of tires from the dealer (especially RFT) would certainly qualify as mind-blowing expense.

If you watch your total miles and maintain the car at a minimum per the mfg recommendations, bring it back with tires over the minimum tread and no major dings, you should be ok.

If you are over miles, expect to pay whatever is written into your lease, although as some have mentioned, if you re-lease with BMW, they will waive the turn-in fee, give you $500 or $750 for loyalty and may forgive you some of the miles if the dealer is planning on buying that car.

Also, with BMW, you can buy extra miles before the contract end at a discounted rate.
Appreciate 0