View Single Post
      04-29-2014, 09:07 PM   #4
kooch51
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi GT M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJGBMW View Post
I do want to know your thoughts on the 6 cylinder: smoothness, start/start shake, quietness etc. The 4 cylinder is a horrible engine in the above attributes and is a turn off for me. Most dealers don't even stock a 335i. I plan to order exactly what I want and do a European Delivery. Congratulations!

I love the 6 cyl, it's got plenty of power. I never got to test drive a 335i before I ordered it. I just felt like the 4 cyl would be underpowered for the size of the car. It has the traditional feel of a BMW as it creates most of its power at mid level RPM's. The 8 speed transmission is really smooth and puts the power to the ground really well. It does have some shake when sitting at idle, the engine idle is quiet, but the stock exhaust delivers a great tone, especially when in sport mode. It sounds really great at cold start in my garage. It still makes me smile every morning when I start it. I've taken it easy for the most part on it the car, but I have put it sideways in sport+ mode around a corner, I wanted to see if it would break the wheels loose and it didn't disappoint. I took it to 105 when I was in Iowa awhile back, but haven't had the space/opportunity to push it any further. I was impressed with how quickly it got there without much effort. Had the diesel been available in the U.S. it would have been a tougher decision as to which engine to go with though.
Appreciate 0