View Single Post
      05-20-2014, 08:02 AM   #3
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Having driven both M and non-M cars extensively as daily drivers, I can't agree with you here. For the most fun day in and day out, the M is the right choice vs. the series sibling. The great thing is that you can indeed still have fun in a 335i. And for that matter you can have plenty of fun in a V6 Accord too. You just have to decide how much it's worth to you to have incrementally more fun than the guy in the next best thing.
For me, I found the stiffness with the craptastic roads in Wisconsin, plus the paranoia against door dings heightened over other cars, the constant challenges from ricers and others, and the additional fillups and trying to find good gas to all be too wearing on a day to day basis for my type of commute. That said, I would grab the M when I was going for errands because it was more fun, but I also left it home for longer trips. The E90 gets around this a little with the magnetic shocks, but the gas mileage becomes a bigger issue - not as much for me, but the constant complaints from the wife about the filling up (something about the environment or the like ). Those tradeoffs just weren't worth it. Unfortunately I can only fit two cars currently, and that really cramps my tolerance for niggles like that. I'd put one in the third stall in a heart beat, if there was a third stall!

All those reasons are why my 2013 WRX lasted 9 months in my garage as well, that and it was a chincy pile of crap (while very fun to drive!).
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0