View Single Post
      05-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #6
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I hear you. I think most of us struggle with the same kinds of tradeoffs when weighing options, or at least have at one time or another. I've learned over the years how to short circuit the analysis and not dwell too much on the intricacies of the decision. The first question I ask myself is "If someone offered me the M for the same money as the series car, would any of negatives even be an issue anymore?" The answer to that is always a definitive "No way!". That helps zero in on the real question - value. And that's where my "you only live once" philosophy kicks in. So there you have it. A nice tidy decision making process without letting the outside world talk me out of it.
Problem for me is that given that same question... I don't have a clear answer. I just had to answer it myself in the past month as I could get a CPO M3 for the same as I paid for my F30 335i. I chose the F30 because of comfort, space, and other factors in discussion with my wife. I'm still pretty sure I made the right decision, but note that it is "pretty sure" not "100% confident!"

Those in the discussion have to remember/admit that as crazy as it may seem some of us make different decisions than they would. I understand both sides (not possible to completely do so but to some extent at least), because only a few years ago I made the reverse decision to what I have done now. Both will be right I think.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0