View Single Post
      07-26-2014, 04:54 PM   #5
HX_Guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkeeper View Post
That is a lot of work...which brand did you end up with?
And did they really fit the dust cap issue or did you have to jury rig it some?
There are some cheaper made spacers out there, and when they crack at speed it is not nice OR pretty.
Proper spacers ought to be machined to fit exactly the ID for dust cap and then be totally flush with rotor hub--without any compromise IMO...so just curious.
Thanks for any further info.
I'm still using the Ubercentric for now but I have H&Rs on order and will be returning the Ubercentric. The fit is just slightly off it seems, they work, but the lugs don't go in as freely as they should.

As for the dust caps, they fit with 12mm on the front but the cap is squeezed to make the spacer flush with the rotor, same on the rear with 15mm. With the 12mm on the rear, the dust cap does not work and has to be remove but the spacer sits completely flush against the rotor and has a little room to spare so absolutely no worries.

I actually took the caps off for now all around until I get the H&R spacers and then I'll decide what to do then. Honestly for the front, the cap is useless, there is nothing there to protect against, as you can see.

In the rear, there is a nut but even there I think it's overkill, I have never seen this on any other car I've had (from Honda to Audi to Mercedes). On the rear though, you can insert the cap into the spacer and it fits snug, so that is a solution.

Last edited by HX_Guy; 07-26-2014 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0