View Single Post
      08-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
335_Dude
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is Convertible

M4 Convertible or Corvette Z51 Convertible?

Help! I trust and value your feedback, everyone (to the extent you can be 100% objective, please):

Let me keep it short and to-the point...I don't "need"; rather, I "want" the new Vette (I think), or, I willl get another BMW (the M4 Convertible).

Facts:

(1) In 2003 I had my first Vette (bought it with my brother-in-law's GM discount--he actually works at the Corvette/Camaro motor assembly plant in Ontario, Canada);
(2) Had nothing but quality-control issues with it from 600 miles on (leaking transaxle--multiple leaks; multiple repairs);
(3) Sold it one year later, breaking-even (due to my GM discount);
(4) Never thought I would ever be interested again in GM products (due to the quality issues);
(5) Bought a 2011 BMW 335is convertible (LOVE IT!--no issues!);
(6) GAME-CHANGER! Enter 2014 and now I have "moto-lust" again so bad for the C7 (It's styling is second-to-none, IMHO);
(7) Have an opportunity to buy a fully-loaded Z51 convertible 3LT package at my brother-in-law's cost of $61K and some change (don't hate me!); and
(8) Found a dealer here in Dallas that will honor that pricing.

Now, question: Should I get the new Vette, or upgrade my Bimmer to the new M4 Convertible? This will be THE last toy I get for a long time and I want to be 100% happy with it for at least 5-10 years (until I retire). Note: it will be a weekend toy, not a daily driver.

Please provide opinions with any relevant facts (e.g., quality data points, residual value, etc.).

Thank you all so much!
Appreciate 0