11-14-2014, 09:03 AM   #18
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
Nope.
I'll be looking to the M2 to perform DD duties with the occasional track day. For my purposes, I wouldn't bother even if they were $1000.
Granted I'm no hardcore track guy, but I still think the stock brakes on my 2012 MSport 135 are great. 60-0 in 108 ft with smooth and steady grip the whole time? Damn fine stock brakes. The M brakes will be that much better and the ceramic brakes are ridiculous money for extremely marginal performance increase. It goes way beyond the point of diminishing returns.

Maybe for you guys who have unlimited money to throw at disposable toy accessories, they're fine, but most of us everyday driving enthusiasts will opt out.
Trust me, if you think those brakes were good, you'd be surprised by the new generation brakes. Yea, they are good for a few stops here and there, but they don't have the durability (stock). Not to mention the new brakes have such better pedal feel to me, to do the point where I'm now looking to mod the E92 brakes in anyway possible to try to improve it. And it's more of a daily driver with a few occasional mountain runs.

The brakes from the M3/4 on an M2 is more than adequate for most people. If anything, it's down right excellent.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0