01-05-2015, 06:34 AM   #5
JensM
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40D 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorun View Post
Should be about the same in acceleration. Porsche quotes 4.4 to 100 with the sport chrono but they are usually conservative. BMW quotes 4.2 but from my experience they are always more optimistic than porsche. Porsche is down 55 horses but is also down 80 kg. Torque is the same. Porsche will it outhandle and outbrake the BMW almost certainly. Build quality goes to the Porsche this one being no contest. Ride should be similar. Cornering and track performance should be slightly better on the cayenne. However when similarly specced the latter is a good deal dearer but you will eventually get your money back through stronger residuals. At the end of the day the differences are small and looks and brand loyalty will probably decide it for most.

P.s.the colour choices on the X5 are far superior
Several other posts (read many) claims BMW is very conservative with their numbers.
The old X5 had 555HP /680NM (Europe numbers), a 6 speed auto box and 2305kg (DIN). 0-100km/h is 4.7 sec. Several EU magazines has measured faster. The new has 575HP /750 NM, 8 speed auto box (better ratios), believe slightly lighter (can't find number).
With this in mind, I am very convinced that the claimed 0-100 km/h at 4.2 is realistic and might even be closer to 4.0 sec cut to the massive increase in NM plus the fact the gearbox is faster.
Just my opinion
JensM
Appreciate 0