View Single Post
      02-25-2015, 03:50 PM   #14
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

I have been to ACC a few times, both 4 wheels and 2 wheels. I think you will be ok with F8x stock steel brakes at this particular track, especially if you drive at a novice pace rather than being super aggressive. With stock PSS, you might encounter some significant shoulder wears at the front tires, due to the lack of negative cambers on any stock BMWs. Road America is a different matter. You better invest in some true race pads for that track.

What's your driving experience? If you really know what you are doing and drive 9/10 to 10/10 all day, I bet you will kill the front left tires at north course pretty quickly in a day or two. But they should last if you go easy on them.

Road chips or marks from tire debris are inevitable. But it really isn't end of the world, these are mass produced cars anyway, not like they are collectible one-offs. If you are worry about that, don't track the car Road chips are the least of your worry once you start tracking, especially when you are doing 150-160mph on Road America.
Appreciate 0