03-05-2015, 03:02 PM   #2
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidu View Post
Hi all,

whats your opinion on clear wrapping or plasti-dipping the car? does it actually help protect the paint? Does it need to be renewed often? How much does it cost? I do NOT like the front-only clear bra because of the ungodly seam that it produces but I have been thinking of whole car wrap. If I wrap the whole car, does it cause long term issues to the paint/clearcoat? Anyone in the forums got a wrapped car who can give me some insight?

Thanks in advance!
I had Xpel clear film applied and can assure you that the seam with that product is far from your description because of the product's unusual clarity...superior to 3M's best. Warranty is also double 3M at 10 years. There are times when washing the car when I have to stand and look from different angles to even find the seam (yes, 20/20 vision). If you are still uncomfortable with that, you still don't need to do the whole car. You can do the whole hood and front fenders. You won't be able to tell the difference to the doors.

The film is highly protective, permanent, and self-healing. The half hood treatment and full front, all lamps, and mirror caps was $1100. It's worth taking another look before wrapping the entire car for about three to four times the cost.
Appreciate 0