03-11-2015, 06:10 AM   #18
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpx6m View Post
I asked the dealer to forward me the mail from BMW. I'm not saying that is the dealer's fault, because he only tells me what BMW AG tells him, but seriously?
I'm not buying this. If it's really LED lights causing the issue, then they'd be holding up a big chunk of the F15 and F16 production line also, and someone's head would be on the chopping block.

The M models wouldn't have a specific cooling issue here, as I can't believe the (essentially aesthetic only) front air dams *reduce* air flow over the (sealed) light arrays to any great extent.

It also can't be a software problem, as even the worst software engineer (and I don't count BMW's as bad) wouldn't be changing lighting control software for the M-model, when the key software changes are steering, damping, transmission.

The only thing I could think is possible is that they've discovered at the absolute last second (!) that the different M steering ratio somehow screws up the adaptive lighting as it doesn't react fast enough to the 1.25 ratio vs 1.5. However, I'd doubt that it's that directly related.... and the US market doesn't have the same complex lighting system as the rest of the world (wdimagineer vs rcpx6m )

EDIT: I just spoke to BMWNA. Mine is still sat at Status 112, with estimated build of week 12. I'm guessing they haven't got as far as pushing that yet.....

Last edited by NoPII; 03-11-2015 at 08:11 AM..
Appreciate 0