04-28-2015, 08:34 PM   #18
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
Mark, the vendor advised they will clear CCB's, but did not give clearance specs. Kenny had the standard brakes on his car so I don't know that he can speak to CCB Caliper clearance, but KennyPowers , do you think your factory wheels had less room between inner barrel and caliper? I did ask my vendor for a clearance measurement, but the only reply I got was that the wheels will definitely clear CCB calipers. If the clearance is the same, or minimally greater, I may have the wheels FS before they ever see rubber....

I won't have the car until ~~2 months after I have the wheels, but as soon as I do know I'll inform the forums. The work on my car will be done at ACM, where the wheels will also be at when shipped. I'm going to ask them nicely to see if they can test fit on a CCB car, if they have one available. I'm confident that the clearance will not be less than OEM (As less is practically impossible - IIRC there's 2-3mm clearance only).
Much appreciated Rowan, we're on the same page and we've received the same info...which is quite useless in terms of addressing the CCB concerns. I'd like to see a response similar to what Morr came out with with their latest (but expensive) wheel that cleared the CCB's by 6-7mm. Eric @ Pyspeed needs to measure up a set of the BC's against a CCB equipped car and get this suspense dealt with for guys like you who've already ordered and guys like me who want to.

And Kenny thanks for trying to help out and I'm sorry to have bothered you. Still love the wheels but I have to wait and find out what kind of room they'll leave with these PITA brakes lol.