Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaymitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakBch View Post
In addition to ED price?
Maybe I misunderstood. Are you saying ED price on a non-ED order? I know ED is 7% off MSRP. 7% off MSRP is a good price.
I'm saying some people are seeking to stack ED pricing with any additional dealer concessions and/or discounts.

Even with ED pricing the dealer is still making close to the retail margin. So in most cases ED is no big deal for them to accept it. There are a few more steps for the SA to arrange but a seasoned one would have no problem. Take your pricing and enjoy your trip. The game is when the Buyer wants the ED pricing plus some of the margin. Most dealers in Texas won't play with those terms. There are a few that won't do ED on the F80 sedan at all. The thinking is they have retail buyers at MSRP in their local markets that can and will take delivery locally so why hassle with an ED sale? F82/83 M4's they are more willing to move on since its been observed those are less desirable. There was a instance in Arlington where they were refusing ED on the first few allocation waves.

I was fortunate to get 6% off in November when I got my F80. I also scooped the BMW FS holiday incentive at signing and the BMW CCA rebate afterwards. But if I had insisted on stacking that on top of the ED pricing like some try to I probably would not have succeeded.

There are dealers along the west coast that do sprinkle a little extra discount or freebies into the ED price.
Appreciate 0