View Single Post
      11-21-2015, 03:32 PM   #20
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
GT4 is a beautiful car to say the least, and I would take it on looks alone. A good GT4 driver will beat a ok GT3 any day of the week. My point here would apply to a GTS driver as well ......I would say 95% of us aren't skilled enough to max out these performance cars. Hell just have fun no matter which one you choose. The GTS is just ugly in my opinion, and I think they could have done a better job in the looks category. I could care less if I could have gotten 1 of the 300 bound for the US looks like a tricked up 435 .......

Got a note from my Porsche dealer yesterday was I interested in a GT4 for 120k 10k over MSRP, and it had 1000k miles I said ha are you serious NO! As a buyer we all control the hype, and the less we bite they have to stop gauging. The bubble will burst boys 2016 GDP will not hold up, and cars will pile up. Once the GT3RS market dries up, and the over supply of Mclarens keep flooding the market options will be out there. Just get me a 458 2012 for about 185k sub 10k miles I'm a happy camper. Just have a brain lock paying over 200k for a car just feels wrong. With that said enjoy your M cars, and have some fun and they are all just cars never be loyal to just one brand too many hot choices out there!

That's some California BS. Your avatar suggests you are in ATL - I'd honestly be surprised that they've started doing that around here. I haven't heard of many dealers outside of SoCal and the Bay area trying to pull that +$20k over MSRP crap on the new allocations. Plenty of folks in the SE, myself included, got GT4 allocations at MSRP.

Porsche GT cars are definitely in a bubble - I suspect we'll see more normalized depreciation in time.
Appreciate 0