Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MFanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls
Interesting. I think this is something BMW needs to think about. If the GTS is being praised as the BMW M(3/4) that everyone knows and loves, that says something about how lacking the base car is regardless of good of a car it is. I'm sure any M3/M4 variant is a solid car but if you have to pay extra to get what the M3/M4 should have been, it kind of leaves a sour taste in your mouth.
The F8x out performs its predecessors in every measurable way. Hell when it was first introduced a few years ago everyone was singing its praises. I feel like people forget this. The only difference now is that other options on the market are quickly getting better and keeping pace. This is great though! Competition is a good thing. People are quick to dog the F8x because it doesn't smoke the competition like it use to, but that doesn't mean it should be looked down on. It's not just a solid car, it's a true M.
There was a mixed reception of the Fx gen M3/4 with leading European magazines like EVO repeatedly being critical of the suspension and handling characteristics of the car. It has also lost to the C63 AMG in German magazines.

Not saying it's a bad car, just saying that at least parts of the European press has been lukewarm about the latest M3/4
Not just press...
Appreciate 2