nfpabavaria
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW i3 REx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfpabavaria View Post
Can create a list of unavailable options. I see your point , but these are those common ones you would expect to come with the vehicle of this caliber. But due to the GTS being primarily for track, can see why they don't have these options. That's why I listed, Unavailable Options. Hope that makes sense.
oh...I get it....but I can tell you everyone at the welt didn't hear the end of me complaining about the lack of comfort access when I picked mine up in May. What can I say I'm a princess...the lack of comfort access #becauseracecar is ridiculous as the sensor weighs what an ounce?.....and in practice is pretty annoying, especially when you own many other bmw products, but anyways...carry on.
Don't get me wrong you make an absolutely valid point regarding weight savings. Why opt out of Rearview Camera and Comfort Access when those items weigh close to nothing. Powerbeast The 1M came from a different branch of BMW, deep in Skunkworks territory. So I'm assuming they were more forgiving regarding what options can go out the door or stay, while the M4 GTS has newer systems that are more difficult to let go such as Navi/iDrive 4.2 and those systems are more heavily controlled with the ECU/Electronics. While the 1M was a bit more bare bone but packed one hell of punch under the bonnet.