Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d Msport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzfnctional
Also it seems confusing that some article states adaptive LED is standard and others states it isn't for US....?
There are two "adaptive" versions as shown in the first post. The Left image is the standard LED that can be combined with Extended Contents and Adaptive curve lighting function and basic high beam assistant. That combo minus the HBA is standard in the US. The right image is Full LED Adaptive (Icon Light - seriously BMW, just call them Icon Full LED Headlights and be done). For ECE regulated markets, they have more functionality and High Beam Assist with Selective Beam. This should because legal in the US very soon at which point these functions will be enabled.
Thanks for clearing that one up, really confusing.
I had a loan Volvo XC90 while the wife's car was in for repair, that had dynamic led's and they were amazing, another dimension from the high beam assistant.
I'm used to the xenons on my F11 and have noticed on newer BM's that the standard LED's look like normal reflectors with bright aftermarket bulbs rather than other companies small distinctive LEDs - presumably the performance is similar between both strategies ?
Appreciate 0