View Single Post
      01-09-2017, 06:10 PM   #1
swebster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

MCS Two Way Remote Dampers Installed on M2

I recently had MCS Two Way dampers installed on my 2017 Mineral Gray BMW M2.

My goal was always to have the car be a dual purpose track car and daily driver. I also had a lofty goal of making the car somewhat of a Cayman GT4 killer on the track.

Wheel fitment
I wanted to set the car up with a square tire setup for rotation at the track and somewhat even wear. Fitment for track wheels is still somewhat experimental as people play with this new chassis. 18x9.5" with an ET35 offset seemed to clear the brakes and suspension with a spacer in the front. Note that anyone using spacers needs to also get the longer bolts. This is due to the fact that with a spacer there isn't enough thread to safely torque the wheels down. Tires were chosen to be Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R 265/40/18R. This should give the car more front end grip as the car out of the factory tends to understeer.

Camber Plates and Rear Arms
I decided to use Ground Control camber plates. I have them on two of the race cars and they work great. There is some noise over stock but worth it for the alignment setup. In order to properly align the car in the rear you should get adjustable rear arms. This allows you to get the proper camber out of the rear as well and get the car set up.

Suspension
We used MCS 2 way remote dampers. These are pretty close to their top of the line and are often used in Pirelli World Challenge and other pro race series. The suspension may be overkill for some but the handling is night and day. We put the remote reservoirs for the front on the radiator mount and in the trunk on the rear. On the street it soaks up bumps much better and is much more compliant than stock. The car now feels like it truly is riding on a magic carpet. On the track the car is an animal. With advanced suspension like this once you get it dialed the suspension does a lot more work than the tire. This enables higher cornering speeds.

If you are thinking about getting KW's I would think about taking the plunge to MCS. It's worth every penny if you plan on driving the car close to the limit.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3