View Single Post
      01-27-2017, 10:13 PM   #8
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebster View Post
None of these responses answer my question which is has anyone fitted a stoptech trophy kit on a BMW M2? I am not asking about any other kits at this time or need recommendation from a sponsor for another kit.
I have not seen a Trophy kit here because they are kind of a weird niche - a street caliper that looks like a track caliper. I do believe several people have fitted them on the E92 M3.

Generally there are two markets for a BBK kit - street or track.

The street crowd chooses painted calipers from companies like Brembo, AP Racing, and Stoptech. They look fantastic and are usually a slight upgrade from OEM braking systems. These kits have street focused features like dust boots, drilled rotors, aluminum pistons.

For the track crowd, the AP Racing Radical kits based on the CP9660 and CP9668 caliper have kind of locked up the market. These kits may not look as cool as the street kits, but they perform far superior on track with features like anodized finishes, anti-knockback springs, stainless steel vented pistons, and slotted/j hook rotors.

The reason you don't see the Stoptech Trophy kit is because it is a weird mix of track looks with the anodized finish, but street performance with aluminum pistons and a much heavier weight than the AP Racing setup. It carries a cost premium over the street version while offering no real performance increase and reduced "bling."

Stoptech does make a "race" version of their Trophy kit that offers anti knockback springs and removes the dust boots, but it's still fundamentally a street caliper.
Appreciate 1