10-09-2017, 12:31 AM   #3
JSY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS1969 View Post
I'm retiring my E-90 M3 from regular service and ordered the X3 M40i. I jumped on the new X3 very early in the process, and I too am really excited by the new X3. I looked at all of the competition - I'm over 70 now and too creaky in the legs to be comfortable getting in and out of the M3 or any other low vehicles. Gravity will help me out of the car now, rather than being a hindrance. I hope I won't be disappointed. A taller, updated M3?
To be honest, after having sat in my first X3 back in 2006 - I never looked back at sitting low again - at least for my cars. The X3 is a bit in between... It's definitely a car you step into, but it's not as high up as some of the other SUVs out there, so there's certainly no climbing in. At least for me - I feel the X3 is a perfect height to step into and I am 6' 2". I think because it's a little lower, it makes it also drive like a car, which makes driving it feel really nice. It still has a nice 8" ground clearance. I am really hoping that my M40i is everything I am hoping it will be. I do really like my 2015 x3 35i, but I'm ready for something different but the same, if you know what I mean.

I take it that you have a production number by now if you got on the wagon early on!
Appreciate 0