kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
After having driven some of the M's, I would really advice only one thing: put a smart (vectorised) AWD on the V8s +600Nm immediately to provide every tire with the torque it can muster!
Learning to drive fast with high HP FR vehicle is IMO an essential trait of an enthusiast.

What they could have done instead of going heavier, AWD, and more torque, is designing a lighter, more aerodynamic FR vehicle with torque curve reminiscent of Ferrari F488, making highest HP at near 8000 rpm with only a necessary amount of torque to fulfill the high revving experience.

I hardly see any benefit of F90 M5 over the upcoming E63 AMG (S or not). Yes, M5 will be a tad bit more sporty, but with the same engine characteristic as when it was released in 2011 and the mundane torque converter transmission that hates to rev beyond 7400 rpm and provides nowhere near the fierceness of MT or DCT downshifts. E63 AMG arguably matches M5's performance figure while providing ever more luxury that is apparently deemed necessary in this segment.

It is honestly sad to see that AMG of all brand now produces an iconic hybrid hypercar with 11,000 rpm redline and 1100 hp while BMW goes all eco with i8.