View Single Post
      09-07-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
mbhammer
Hammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

G05 Wheel and Tire Specs

Going with the 1TD Style 740M wheels on my week 40 xDrive40i build with ZMP, since those appear to be the largest wheels offered with all-season tires.

We live in suburban Chicago, and on my AMG, I'm fine swapping the winter set on/off (still able to the maintain a stagger). But the X5 will serve primarily as my wife's daily driver, at least initially... so a square set up of all-seasons should do just fine.

But should the garage get re-swizzled down the road, I may want to mount winter tires on the 740M wheels and get a set of performance tires on a staggered set of (BMW?) wheels. MPPK might at that point also be in the cards, if available

Question 1: Where can I get the specs on the 1PA (742M), 1XB (744), 1XN (741M) wheels? I'm specially looking for the offsets, should I go the aftermarket route.

Questions 2, 3 (and 4): What is option 840, and why -- according to the Order Guide -- would it be added with the 21" and 22" option wheels? (If my build doesn't include 840, would I be prevented down the road from installing a staggered summer set up?)

Question 5: Where can I find tire specs, including BMW-recommended winters? (My frame of reference: an AMG product manager for the E63 monitored a Private Lounge forum, and was able to provide a table of specific Mercedes-approved winters.)

Thank you!

UPDATE: Just found in Order Guide. 840 is top speed limiter increase. Curious why that would necessarily be done in conjunction with larger wheels.

Last edited by mbhammer; 09-07-2018 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 0