View Single Post
      10-04-2018, 09:18 AM   #1
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

F15 w/ DHP vs. G05

Hey guys,

Bear w me here. I’ve just finished my first lease on my first BMW...actually ended last week...and trying to decide if I buy this car or order a new 2019. I spent a few hrs reading reviews and forum posts, and have sat w my dealer rep and gone through process of building a new one. Important to add: this BMW I just had for 3yrs was my first new car in 12yrs. My prior vehicle was a 2004 XC90...so the whole new car/lease/bmw was a big deal.

A few questions for the more experienced...and if you get a feel for what im going through from personal experience, please chime in:

Do we think the redesigned X5 will have improved drive characteristics that would negate the benefits of the DHP? I added that to my 2016 build. It was a $4.5k priority 1 addition. I think the car drives great, but how would I know any difference since I have had no long term drive time without it. I’m just wondering what we might expect with the G05.

Is adding the air suspension to a 40i going to add any aspects of a “DHP” ride?

It looks like a lot of changes in the 2019 from the 2016....an entirely new vehicle. My residual on the 2016 is 58%, so my payoff is @40k usd. I have debated whether to buy this one vs. order the new one. I’m leaning heavily towards ordering the G05 for a 3yr lease.

Thoughts?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0