Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540ix M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooselee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillySteve View Post
Waiting on my 540M sport in Azurite Black/Tartufo Full Merino. Ordered 10/31 and just received my VIN last week. Don't have an ETA as of today. Researching paint sealants but unsure whether to go with Ceramic Pro, Modesta, etc. New to this thread and appreciate any thoughts. (Did discover that my night vision was not compatible with black grills)

Also, where do you input the VIN to download manual?
On the paint sealants bit. I think I've read all the forums and watched all the youtube videos at this point. Honestly I think I'm going to skip a professional ceramic coating/clear bra and just maintain using one of the consumer-grade things like Meguiar's Fast Finish or the Hybrid Ceramic thing (once I've gotten more testing/reviews).

I'm sure lots of people will say this is cheaping out on a $90k car. But, well, I can afford a $90k car in part because I don't shell out $3k for things I don't think are necessary for my specific situation.
Never say cheap. I call myself frugal and then again I just bought a $80k car. No clear bra but I was and still am considering professional ceramic coating but just not now.

I've always used Maguire's professional line of products but I'm liking Wolfgang products. I recently bought a couple of their products but only tried their quick detailer recently. I loved it. My car was slick to the touch and shined. As soon as I can get the car into the garage I plan on paint correction and trying Wolfgang sealant.