View Single Post
      03-07-2019, 07:56 AM   #6
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc3456 View Post
Had a 2015 M3 for two years, now have had a Giulia Quadrifoglio for over 25 months, recently added a Stelvio Ti Sport a month ago, and a Stelvio Quadrifoglio yesterday. Obviously, can’t make a comment about the Stelvio’s long-term reliability yet, but can say that my Giulia Quadrifoglio has only visited the dealer twice and for just two oil changes. Sadly, my M3 needed to visit the dealer 5-6 times for unscheduled service visits (mechanical & electrical) over only 24 months. My Alfa has only needed 2 software updates (performed while in for oil changs) vs like 4-5 for the M3 during the same length of ownership.

Contrary to popular belief, especially on these Bimmerpost Forums, my own actual experience and that of several Giulia Quadrifoglio owning friends, who also came from M3s, have actually found their Alfas to have been more reliable/trouble-free than their now departed M3s. Would have never expected it going into ownership based on Alfa’s prior reputation, but that’s our experience...albeit from a small sample size.

In a nutshell, don’t prejudge a book by a few vocal complaints...some of which are not even true. Have seen lots of FUD spread on forums like this one, but glad I took a chance instead of listening to heresay. People should buy what appeals to them most, but if you’re not including the Alfa in the conversation at purchase time, you’re really missing out, trust me. And that is being said after owning 20+ higher spec German cars in a row. Lastly, I just paid $67k for my new Stelvio Quadrifoglio and $42k for my loaded Stelvio Ti Sport. The value proposition is absolutely outstanding. Pity more people aren’t willing to take a chance on Alfa, because the current deals on MY2018 Alfas is unheard of, as in 20% discount on the Stelvio Ti Sport and 25% discount on my Stelvio Quadrifoglio.

Perception take a long time to change
It takes Lexus over 20-years to finally earn it's respect, so Alfa better be patient and keeps building solid cars or that perception will turn to reality
Appreciate 0