04-20-2019, 11:21 AM   #10
RPM1123
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuibmw View Post
Yes I have a request do you mind sharing what you opted for all packages ... I'm debating how to configure the car and besides the Prm package I see no real value ... as I can park the car myself, drive it in traffic, and also reach out to the volume knob if needed post pics too
I checked every box except for the tire/cooling package.

Some random opinions I've formed over the last 24 hours about the options I picked:
  • I don't see myself using the gesture controls. I tried the volume increase motion and it's a lot less sensitive than I thought - I had to spin my finger 4-5 times to accomplish a volume increase that a physical knob could do in a split second. That interaction with the system alone made me completely disinterested in learning more motions.
  • The parking sensors/cameras are awesome, especially in the city. highly recommend if you drive/park in treacherous areas often. I have not tried the backup or parking assistant yet so cannot comment on how well that works.
  • I will need more time with the driving assistance pro package before I can determine if it was worth it or not. It did well on a well-marked curved highway for about 2 miles, but kept telling me to put my hands on the wheel which I didn't think was a requirement.
  • Power tailgate was a mistake - I added that option with the hope that you could close the trunk remotely via the app or key but that doesn't appear to be the case. It requires a lot more force to open/close the trunk with your hands because of the motor. I might look into removing the motor if that will decrease resistance.
Appreciate 0