View Single Post
      05-25-2019, 03:12 PM   #1
SgtGigglebox
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Atacama 35is

Active Radiator Vent Control

Not sure if Im the only one that didnt know this, but the m40i does in fact have that whacky radiator air vent control system that they put on the 8 series.

When i was arguing with the dealership about how creative they could be with getting the blacked out vents for the 40, they said that it could be REALLY expensive because of the active cooling stuff. I argued that it didnt have it after looking into the mouth of one of the 30's. I hadnt seen the vent bit cited anywhere for the z4 (in any engine capacity) and the dealership wasnt confident in it either.

Can someone check their 30 to see what it looks like behind the grill. If you see what looks like a traditional radiator when you shine a flashlight in there then its normal.

The 40 definitely has it. Just confirmed my theory that it was what i was looking at was it by driving it hard for a bit in sport+ and then looking again while it was still running.

If the 30 doesn't have that system, then its possible that the grills are different parts - or not... but if they are dif parts and the dealer did what i told them to and just ordered the black ones from a 30, i might be pretty sad when i go to get them.
Appreciate 0