View Single Post
      08-03-2019, 05:44 PM   #12
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
For those who have taken delivery or test driven an X3MC and are also familiar with an X3M40i with adaptive suspension on 21s- Is the X3MC in Comfort suspension rougher than the aforementioned M40i in Sport plus? I ask because I was quite comfortable driving my M40i here on that setting, but all the reviews complaining about the harshness of the X3MC have me a bit worried. Can anyone speak to this comparison?
As I shared in my earlier 'X3MC from X3M40i perspective' thread (and to echo JohnNick72's comment on this issue: https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=10 ), you'll find a range of answers to your question as this is a highly subjective area. It seems yujini also has continued concerns with this specific question as well, no doubt raised by the markedly varied responses you've read.

To add clarity to what I've previously written, we ordered both of our G01 X3 M40i models with 19" performance RFTs as we were concerned the 21" wheels might have too harsh a ride. Our 2018 has the regular suspension, the 2019 has the Adaptive. They both have the ventilated seats.

FWIW, will again mention that the 30 minute M Town test drive with the X3MC presented no issues or concerns to me WRT ride comfort in direct comparison to the 25K mile experience with our M40i models. If anything, one would expect the 19" tires should provide a 'softer' ride which I should've noted if the ride was too harsh. It wasn't, and we are usually in either Comfort or Adaptive with our G01s. I'm 6'0", 170 lbs if that helps in your personal body size/wt comparison.

Looking forward to our week 38 X3MC build without any reservations, and hope you find your order is all you are hoping for.
Appreciate 0