View Single Post
      09-02-2019, 12:14 AM   #21
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
He's complaining about 1200-1500 rpm torque issues? Yeah maybe it lacks torque below 2k rpms but if I'm looking for torque I don't really expect it in that range. Just shift. But if the power doesn't really start to build prior to 3k rpms then we've got a slight problem.
For me I find that on the motorway at ~1800rpm in my M6 I can keep it in 7th and very quickly close gaps by going up in speed by 20-30kmh fairly quickly, and of course I never need to shift down to make it up a hill.

In an A45 which I drive quite a bit it is at the same RPM in 7th at the same speed (maybe plus or minus 50rpm) and to achieve the same acceleration at motorway speeds I need to drop to 5th gear.

Obviously one of these cars is a 2 litre and the other is a 4.4 litre but I'm hoping the X3M isn't like the A45. I might get to drive an X3M in the next few days as one has arrived in the country now so it will be interesting to compare and contrast a 3 litre heavily turboed car.