View Single Post
      09-17-2019, 02:11 AM   #5
deoxys
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Ice View Post
So it doesn't look like they've done PDI yet in those pictures if there are still the white protective film covers on the car. Its strange though because PDI usually involves things like removing spacers on the springs and stuff too, and you shouldn't be test driving a car with those things on. Maybe they did part of it?

It is feasible for them to find things wrong with the car during PDI though. Did they at least give you an equivalent loaner car?

I bought a car awhile back (2014 MDX), it had already been PDI'ed but the dealer still did a detail on the car and visual inspection. During the inspection they found part of the roof was damaged (a removable piece), so they gave us a loaner car to take instead (unfortunately it wasn't an MDX, but an RDX) and said they needed a few days to get the part and fix it. So it isn't out of the question that they found something wrong.

It is annoying that your lease already started - but assuming they gave you an equivalent loaner car instead - just think about it this way, you're putting miles on their car instead of on your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Ice View Post
So it doesn't look like they've done PDI yet in those pictures if there are still the white protective film covers on the car. Its strange though because PDI usually involves things like removing spacers on the springs and stuff too, and you shouldn't be test driving a car with those things on. Maybe they did part of it?

It is feasible for them to find things wrong with the car during PDI though. Did they at least give you an equivalent loaner car?

I bought a car awhile back (2014 MDX), it had already been PDI'ed but the dealer still did a detail on the car and visual inspection. During the inspection they found part of the roof was damaged (a removable piece), so they gave us a loaner car to take instead (unfortunately it wasn't an MDX, but an RDX) and said they needed a few days to get the part and fix it. So it isn't out of the question that they found something wrong.

It is annoying that your lease already started - but assuming they gave you an equivalent loaner car instead - just think about it this way, you're putting miles on their car instead of on your car.
Thank you for your input. I guess as you said they may have done part of it just to let me test drive it. But it's not ready for delivery. They only mentioned I can rent a car and they reimburse me. I think they didn't mention loaner car because it was 8:30pm Saturday when the service department was already closed and it won't open until Monday?

Also, I drove there with my own car so I just drove my own car away and didn't ask for loaner car. Maybe I should think of the positive side. At least it's not that myself find the cooling problem after I drive it home. Obviously they shouldn't let me pay while the car was not ready for delivery yet... gotta see what they would offer for this 1 week's delay
Appreciate 0