dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe.Racer View Post
I'd disagree with you there. Strongly. But it depends on your definition of "lag" and "boost threshold", and how much bigger the bigger intercooler is.

BUT, both of us are talking out of our arses, as neither of us knows if the 330/335D intercooler is bigger (it might be the same size) and neither of us knows if the stock 320D intercooler can or can't cope with the extra charge temp that a remap might bring. What I'm saying is that neither of knows if the 320D would benefit from a larger core. You say that it doesn't need one - that the original is NOT struggling with stock power, but do you have any data on this? If you have, I'd like to see it. I didn't actually say that the 320D needed one, I just wondered if one would fit!

I have to admit that I don't know a right lot about diesel tuning, so I don't know if they respond to a reduction in charge temp as well as a petrol does - but you'll surely know from your cossie days what the effects of charge temperature reduction are.

Thanks for the "lesson" anyway
Fook me, there would be uproar if the stock 'cooler on yours wasnt up to the job, the car would be limping all the time. IT IS UPTO the job on a standard and re-mapped 320d..

have you had issues then?

edit yes i know what happens with cossie turbos etc... but the stock cooler on a cossie is good for 300bhp from a stock 204bhp on a saff cossie.

Your cooler is fine for a re-mapped 210bhp, if it wasnt it good already be struggling in this heat!