M-Enthusiast
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 320d M (G20) M4 Comp RWD (G82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-SP0RT View Post
Congratulations!

Good call on going short term lease with RWD so you can enjoy your car in the spring and summer, and then by March 2023 you can switch to an AWD like you said. Also in 2023 you have an option to go with a G80 M3 AWD because it'll have the LCI tail lights.

I'm going for the AWD G80 as I want the car to put down the power from a launch. I'm interested in quick acceleration off a light and still be able to drive an engaging ///M that's capable of putting a smile on my face in all types of driving. I see this G80 as a transition to electrification for me so I don't mind that it's not a pure RWD ///M with a 6-speed manual. I've had my share of those in the past. Waiting also gives me the chance to see a few colors & wheel setups in person before I finalize my order.
Thank you!!

Could understand based on your previous M3 RWD experience you are waiting for the AWD version for some change and other experience.

One of the german magazines "auto motor sport" did test drive the RWD G82 and they came away very impressed with the traction compared to the previous RWD F82. They also mentioned the AWD probably comes one generation to late with this new traction ability of the G82. So really looking forward to the car and more news in 2021 about RWD and AWD, reviews and so on...

Article Extract auto motor sport - July 2020:

Überhaupt: die Auswahl. Für die ersten Testrunden steht sozusagen der Einstiegs-Antrieb bereit, 480 PS, Sechsgang-Handschaltgetriebe. Zum Marktstart kommt zeitgleich die Competition-Variante mit 510 PS und Achtgang-Automatikgetriebe, später folgt noch ein Allradantrieb nach dem Strickmuster von M5/M8 – der womöglich eine Generation zu spät kommt. Denn der mechanische Grip fällt so schon viel höher aus als bislang, dazu kommt noch eine Stabilitätskontrolle mit deutlich verbesserter Regelgüte, selbst im Vollschutz-Modus.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...ch-vorgaenger/
Appreciate 2
M3AWD3184.50